Sunday, June 24, 2012

How to turn a romper into a t-shirt!

Tyler was only able to wear this romper once before he got a hole in it.  I have no idea how that happened but I hated to throw it away. So, I thought of a way to repurpose  it.  I turned it into a t-shirt. Step 1: cut off the bottom of the romper.

 Step 2: It should now look like this. Now you are going to turn it inside out and fold up the bottom about a half inch and iron.



 Step 3: Sew about 5/8" away from the edge on the bottom.
 Step 4: Sew around the bottom again using the foot as your guide, next to the stitching you just did.  This will give you a double row of stitching.
 This is what it should look like, go ahead and press it if you would like and you are done!
 Yay!! A cute little shirt for my sweet little guy.  I hope this was helpful, as always ask questions if you have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment