Friday, May 15, 2009

Last day of school!!

Woo Hoo!!! It was our last day of school today. I am excited and of course the kids are excited. No school for 2 weeks. I sooo needed this break and I think they were ready for a break too! I am going to bribe my kids into keeping up with their math. I am going to let them go to the dollar store and pick out a "prize" everytime they earn 5 points (a point equals 2 pages of math). Not to excited to bring more junk into the house, but I know it will motivate them to keep trudging along.
We are going to school this summer on and off. The kids weren't to thrilled about that at first. I explained we would take off a week or two every three weeks. I like being able to take time off in the fall and winter and so we can really enjoy doing fun stuff together and this allows us to do that. So I get a 2 week break to think about nothing but sleeping in and bein' lazy. yeah right!!! That's probably not gonna happen. Oh well, at least I won't have to be naggin' the kids about getting their work done. Gotta love summertime!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Brandi! We are coming out there for Charles' wedding at the end of June. We should get together while I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandi! Just thought I'd drop by your blog. BTW, thanks for my water coozie...so cute!

    ReplyDelete