Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tyler's Blessing Outfit

This is the blessing outfit I found online for Tyler. I fell in love with it and funny enough the name of it is the Tyler Christening Outfit. Too Perfect!!! The only problem was I didn't want to pay $55 for it. I hate spending that kind of money on something they are only going to wear once.
So, I went shopping for patterns. Of course I couldn't find anything that looked it but, I thought I've been sewing long enough to be able to alter a pattern and that is exactly what I did. I took the pattern below w/ the tie and altered it.

This is what I ended up with. I was a little worried because I really liked the original but, I am extremely happy with how it turned out!! It is missing the 3 little buttons that go down the front and I am still trying to find some small ones that will work. Everything I have found is just too big.


My goofy Noel wanted in on the photo shoot and said "wait mom I will give it bunny ears!" Anyways there you have it my first major alteration (I will say I find it easier to just make up a pattern than completely alter one)!

I will have pics of the baby in it tomorrow for his blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment