Friday, August 10, 2012

Frost On The Pumpkin Pie

Yeah, I know it is only August...I seriously looooove pumpkin!!  I am posting a recipe I have not made because I don't want to lose it! As soon as I make it I will edit this post and let you know if it is yummy and I will post a pic!

1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 qt butter pecan ice cream, slightly softened
one 9-in graham cracker pie shell
2 Tbsp chopped pecans

1. Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, pie spice and salt in a bowl until blended.  Fold in thawed topping.
2.  Spoon ice cream into pie shell; spread evenly to edges.  Top with pumpkin mixture, making swirls with the back of a spoon.
3.  Freeze pie uncovered at least 3 hours, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 1 month.
4.  To serve:  Let pie stand at room temperature about 15 minutes for ice cream and topping to soften, then sprinkle with nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment