Monday, March 21, 2011

BOY OR GIRL

Tonight we had a "gender party" and it was seriously fun!! My mom went w/ us to my ultrasound this morning at 10:30. May I say that my ultrasound tech was not a warm fuzzy kind of person. Anyways, we explained to her that we wanted to know the sex of the baby but, that we wanted her to just tell my mom. My mom had the job of making us a cake that would either be pink or blue. It was somewhat of a tricky thing for her to do considering my 14 year old sister was dieing to find out. We had dinner, then family night, and by the time that was over my kids were extremely anxious to find out if they would have a little brother or sister and frankly I was excited to cut into the cake too and see what this little sweetie was going to be. My mom made a beautiful cake, especially considering she had to do it covertly to keep my little sister from seeing. Let me just say we are extremely excited and I can't wait to do some shopping. Well, without further delay here is a pic of the wonderful cake and celebration we had...

Here are the votes for those who thought it would be a girl.

Here are the votes for those who thought it would be a boy. Peter voted both ways, he figured if someone was raising their hands he needed to be too!
Kids anxiously awaiting to see pink or blue. Peter seemed really excited practically ready to crawl on the table but, I can assure you it wasn't because he couldn't wait to find out if he had a little brother or sister. The boy loves chocolate, he couldn't wait to get his hands on a piece of the cake!


They saw the crumbs on the knife and started screaming and yelling "It's a boy, it's a boy!!!"

Russell happened to catch a picture of me leaning in to Noel, so that I can hear her over the celebrating and it was just in time for me to hear her say "Dang it!" Apparently she wanted a girl. It was so funny, considering she has wanted the baby to be a boy the entire time up until today. Silly girl!

Everyone enjoying their cake!

Nana and Grandad coming to see what color the cake is!

Last but not least the cake maker herself!

10 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! that is so much fun!!!!! And don't you just love your momma!!! I'm gonna have to tell her how awesome she is...and covert.. yes sly! And I'm so excited for you!!! Now you have to change your blog name to Just the Nine of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! What a great way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Enjoy that baby when he comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome way to find out if it was a boy or girl! Congrats on the new little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was fun, Brandi! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! How exciting. My sister is having a boy to (due the end of April). Do you have some names picked out? She is naming hers Charlie. I cant wait to see pictures of your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! We are really excited. Krista, we actually don't have a name picked out yet. We have tossed ideas around but, nothing has stuck yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we will just have to do this too! It's pregnancy #6 and baby #7 for us--haven't told a soul yet and still need to confirm results and see a dr.
    Thanks for the great idea!! now, to convince dh that we should find out so we can do this =)

    ReplyDelete