Thursday, May 19, 2011

Homeschooling

Every year I have to evaluate how the past year went. What worked? What didn't work? Why didn't it work? Then, I have to figure out what I want to do for the next year. We just finished up our school year and will be starting our next year at the beginning of June. This will help me in case I have a colicky baby or I just want a break in August after the baby comes. :) So, I have selected our curriculum and ordered it yesterday and am actually excited to start. Here's the lineup:

My Father's World for all the kiddos (getting the kindergarten and 1st grade specific curriculums and I already own the Geography, which is year 1 in a 5 year rotation)
Math U See
Writing Strands 3 & 4
Happy Phonics
Hooked on Phonics
Letter of the week (confessions of a homeschooler's version)
Apologia Science
Total language Plus I let my 2 older kids pick out the books they would like to read and they will use the study packets from TLP which take about 8 weeks. I loooove this program. It is a total language program spelling, grammar, vocab., even some handwriting, writing...I probably missed something, but it really covers it all nice and neat!
We use Aleks online for math reinforcement for my oldest 2
Handwriting without tears
It tends to cost a bit when I am having to order everything at the same time, but fortunately I have a lot of these things already and am able to hand them down to younger children.

No comments:

Post a Comment